Celebration of the Ending of the 1939 to 1945 War
People in this photograph (from left): Doreen Marsden , Richard Walne, Margaret Walne , Brenda Walker, Mary Arrowsmith, Jenny Marsden, Jeanette Myerscough , Josephine Almond , John Hoyle , Maureen Robinson , Jean Hoyle, Ivor Woods, Mrs Keighley, Jim Blezard , Clive Carefoot, Jack Richardson , Ted Arrowsmith, Jim Gardner , Brian Yuelett, Marjorie Proctor, Eileen Proctor, George Keighley, Edward Woods, Diane Carrington , Dennis Woods, Evelyn Woods, Alma Nuttall , Peter Nuttall , Mrs Blezard , Lois Bergum.
This archive entry is © Longridge News May 2001.
This archive entry is courtesy of Longridge News.
The photograph shows a bus trip to the seaside to celebrate the ending of the 1939-1945 War.
It was taken on Preston Road (now Derby Road) at the corner of Regent Street.
Thank you to Margret Ball, Louis Smith and David Burgum for details and names.
Looking for more? Try searching for:
You may also be interested in:
- Victory over Japan Day Celebration on Little Lane, 1945
- Cotton Queen 1939 - Award Ceremony
- Air Raid Wardens
- Congregational Church Tennis Club VE Day Celebrations
- Longridge Annual Gala Celebrations
- A Civil Defence Group, Towneley Road
- Civil Defence Exercise, Towneley Road
- Combined A.R.P Exercise, Towneley Road
- Market Place
- Longridge Annual Gala Celebrations, Berry Lane Crossing
- Kestor Lane, V.J. Celebration Party
- Longridge Annual Gala Celebrations, Mersey Street
- Proctor's Corn Mill, Warwick Street
- Knowle Green, Duxbury's General Store and Provender Warehouse
- Longridge Annual Gala Celebrations, Kestor Lane