Longridge Town Archive
Archive Index  |  Login  

Choir Of St Paul's Church

Choir Of St Paul's Church

Photograph Taken: c.1939
Photographer: Unknown
Catalogue Reference: 414A
More Information

This archive entry is © Longridge and District Local History Society.

This archive entry is courtesy of Mrs E Carefoot.

Sixty-one years ago the choir of St Paul's Church in Longridge assemble for this historic picture, taken just after the new tower and its radio bells had been dedicated.

Among their number was William Timbrell who two months later with his bride Lillian, nee Wilkinson, was the first to leave the church through the tower after their wedding. A year later, their son Alan, was the first baby to be baptised in the tower's font.

The dedication was conducted by vicar, Canon Bramley, the bells were installed by Walter Swift, local radio and electrical engineer, and the photo taken by Mr Alston, Longridge's chief photographer in those years.

 

Looking for more? Try searching for:

St Pauls, Choir, Tower, Bells, Groups, Clubs, Social

You may also be interested in:

The Heritage Lottery Fund
HERITAGE CENTRE
TOWN ARCHIVE
WORKSTATION
OLD STATION CAFÉ