This archive entry is © Longridge and District Local History Society.
This archive entry is courtesy of Tom Heginbotham.
The bridge over the railway was built in 1838. Before the advent of the motor car it was plenty wide enough for people and children going to church or school and what little horse drawn traffic there was at the time to cross the road safely. In 1939 the Road Safety committee succeeded in getting a footbridge built at the side. It was completed just before the War broke out.
Looking for more? Try searching for:
You may also be interested in:
- Grimsargh Bridge, Footpath Construction
- Grimsargh Station, C.1910
- The Railway Line, Stone Bridge Mill
- Grimsargh to Whittingham Train, 1952
- Occupation Bridge
- Top Line Railway Bridge, Longridge
- Longridge Railway, Grimsargh Station
- Grimsargh Station, Level Crossing
- Grimsargh Station, 1968 (2)
- Grimsargh Station, 1968
- Grimsargh Station
- Bonds Garage, Stone Bridge
- Longridge Field Day Procession, Stone Bridge
- Dunsop Bridge