The Last Steam Train
This archive entry is © David Hindle.
This archive entry is courtesy of David Hindle.
The last steam train travelled on the Preston and Longridge branch line on 2nd August 1968. Steam on British railways stopped on the 6th August. This train was a Stanier Class 5 4-6-0 No. 44874 working a train of coal wagons from Lostock Hall to Courtaulds factory sidings.
Looking for more? Try searching for:
You may also be interested in:
- The Last Train Has Departed
- Spade Mill Reservoir, Hunslett Steam Locomotive
- The Final Scheduled Passenger Train
- A Train And Crowds At Longridge Station
- Train Approaching The Shunts
- Train Track, Longridge Station
- Chipping Steam Roller
- A Ruston Steam Navvy Digging Clay, College Wood
- Clitheroe Station, Waiting For The Milk Train
- Train Crossing Berry Lane
- A Ruston Steam Navvy
- Train In The Shed Yard, Whittingham Hospital
- Train In The Station Yard
- A Train Load Of Clay, Alston No.1 Reservoir
- A Burrell Steam Roller, Towneley Parade