Old Co-op Buildings
This archive entry is © Longridge and District Local History Society.
This archive entry is courtesy of Richard Kirkby.The first floor of the Co-op buildings has more recently been used to house the Polash Tandoori Restaurant but its original use remains somewhat mysterious.This photo shows a picture of a room on the first floor with a window facing onto Berry Lane. It is believed that this space was originally used as storage for the Tailoring department.
On the first floor of the original building there was also a Reading Room and Library, the entrance to which can be found on Barclay Road. What became of the space after its closure and whether this room was part of the Reading Room is unknown to us.
Looking for more? Try searching for:
You may also be interested in:
- Old Co-op Buildings, Empty Office
- Old Co-op Buildings, Empty Room
- Harry Holdens Shop and Office
- Old Co-op Buildings, £1.5 Million Development Scheme
- Skip in the Old Stable Yard Behind the Old Co-op Building
- The Old Stables And P.t. Doherty In The Old Abattoir
- Co-op Buildings, Old Stable Yard
- Old Co-op Buildings, Pulleys
- The Old Ballroom, The Second Floor Of The Old Co-op Building
- Old Co-op Buildings, NewAccomodation
- Old Co-op Buildings, New Accommodation
- Old Co-op Buildings, The Abattoir
- Miscellaneous Photograph, Possibly Old Co-op Buildings
- The Old Coal Merchants Office, Berry Lane
- Scaffolding Under The Old Co-op Clock