This archive entry is © Longridge Heritage Centre.
This archive entry is courtesy of David Smith.
On September 22nd 1962, LNWR 0-8-0 49451 was the last steam locomotive to come to Longridge hauling a passenger train. The engine had run round its carriages, taken on water and was about to couple up again to the Railtour Special for it's return to Preston.
Looking for more? Try searching for:
You may also be interested in:
- Longridge Railway, Lnwr 0-8-0, An Enthusiasts Special
- An Enthusiasts Special Train
- Ex Lnwr 0-8-0 Arrives with a Rail Tour Special
- Special Guests Outside the Barclay Road Entrance to the Co-op
- Special Guests Chatting Outside the New Co-op Building
- Special Guests Enjoy the Co-op Apartments
- The Special Guests Relax in a Co-op Apartment Bedroom
- Special Guests Enjoying the Comfort of the New Co-op Apartments
- Special Guests Outside Delivery Area of New Co-op Building
- Woodville, Hothersall